Real-Time Monitoring of Boiler Systems in Hospitals, Hotels, and School Campuses with Advantech’s Cellular Router Solution
Market: Machine Automation
Industrial Application: Wireless remote monitoring management
Location: North America and Latin America
In addition to being used in industrial settings, boiler rooms are also present in commercial and service settings such as hospitals, hotels, and school campuses. As owners expand and leverage their scale and capacity, they must not ignore the importance of maintaining the operational efficiency and environmental safety of their boiler room equipment.
Challenges and Requirements
2. For flexibility, network systems need to support USB, Ethernet, and serial connections for data acquisition from sensors, and 3G/4G is also recommended for wireless data transmission.
3. Management need to be able to use a dashboard to visualize the status of the remote cellular routers.
4. The system must provide automatic alarm notifications to assist with monitoring and maintenance
The procedure is outlined as follows:
2. The cellular routers can collect the data from sensors for forwarding over-the-air via a 3G/4G carrier service to the control center.
3. The data from multiple boiler sites are received by the control center, where the raw data are converted into useful operational information and visualized on a dashboard.
4. The system in the control room allows for remote monitoring, configuration, and alarm notification. When the temperature or pressure value exceeds a given threshold, staff are notified to take appropriate action.
Features, Advantages, and Benefits
Secured Software Features
2. Dashboard display for remote monitoring
3. Alarm notification
Flexible Hardware Design
2. Flash Disk as extra storage
3. Wide operation temperature from -40 to 75oC
2. Proper product recommendations matching customer requirements
3. Site survey services
1. Powerful CPU and enhanced memory to support high demand customer applications
2. Extended operational temperature range from -40 °C to +75 °C
3. 10-60 VDC operated with transient and reverse polarity voltage protection
4. Flexible Port options( 3-port Switch, Ethernet and RS232/422/485 serial ports with isolation)
5. GPS, GLONASS ,BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS support
6. MicroSD card holder, In/Out, USB Host
7. Low power consumption mode for solar and battery power applications
8. Optional industrial grade WiFi
9. Optional PoE PSE or PoE PD on ETH0 and ETH1
10. Advanced security features
More Case Studies
Real time Monitoring of Sydney Ferries’ Position for Central Information System with Advantech Cellular Router Solution
The project manager sought to implement a centralized network system that acquires data on the ferries and wharves one hand, and allows staff to remotely monitor and control all activities in the control room on the other hand.
Kuei Lang 郎閣揆